Last Updated On October 19, 2020.
The “Big Black Box” has over 7,000 square meters of retail space and it majestically sits on 350-360, Ikorodu Road, Lagos.
Maryland Mall is cladded in black (hence the nickname) and it overlooks motorists and passers-by along the Ikorodu road.
On the approach facade, a sixty meter LED screen serenades Lagosians with the latest information, movies, freebies or gist and it actually holds the record for longest in West Africa!
The LED is a beautiful thing to behold and it generates healthy revenue for the mall owners who utilise the space for advertisements, promotions, and so much more.
Since the Maryland Mall is black, its dark silhouette makes the LED screen pop! And this gives a combined source of amusement and entertainment to drivers, commuters and onlookers.
Maryland Mall is designed by cmDesign Atelier (Lead Architect: Tosin Oshinowo)
The project took a period of sixteen months and construction finished in July of 2016.
On the cmdesign-atelier website, this fond landmark in the city of Lagos is a viable and sustainable retail hub for forty shopping outlets, banks, restaurants, a supermarket, and a state of the art four-screen cinema located in Maryland Mall.
However, here’s what I noticed during my first visit…
Features of Maryland Mall
- Ample parking spaces
- Alluring interiors (crispy white)
- Glass sliding doors
- Well located exit and entry points from Ikorodu road
- Proper circulation between pedestrian and vehicular traffic (walkways and defined driveways)
- Underground car park
- Open-air terrace
- Public-use benches
- African inspired chandeliers
- LED screen
- Interchangeable ceiling levels
- Muster points
If you reside in Ilupeju, Ikeja, Maryland or along Ikorodu road axis and are looking for where to chill or dine with partners, friends or family it is the ideal destination.
Maryland Mall is ideal for almost everything!
What to do in Maryland Mall
1. See a movie at Genesis Deluxe Cinema
2. Shop for groceries at Shoprite
3. Get latest clothing and footwear from PEP store
4. Try skating at Skate City
5. Visit the food court for the best Nigerian, Mediterranean and Asian cuisines:
- Chicken Republic
- Okele restaurant
- Shuttles food
- The Place restaurant
- Triple J restaurant
6. Rent an office space at Work Station
7. Get ice cream from the Ice Cream Factory
8. Feeling unwell? Visit medplus
9. Take your kids to the Arcades
10. Stop by Uber
11. Shop for baby care items from Baby Bliss
12. Strap in for a virtual reality/simulator ride
13. Fix your phone with Carl care
14. Use the bank
15. Window shopping
Maryland Mall will quench your drive for leisure and entertainment.
Don’t forget, if you’re looking to spend a perfect weekend-getaway somewhere on the mainland, you need not travel far.
Visit the Maryland Mall!
Have you been to the Maryland Mall? Share in the comments.
Like this post? Kindly pin for later! 📌
Pin image from cmdesign-atelier