Whew! It’s been a while since I published an award acceptance blogpost and I really miss having this kind of articles up every week.
First, this is one of the many ways that I feel more connected to my impeccable readers and second, it’s real fun answering your questions.
Today’s actually sunny because of the kindhearted Darell Philip who nominated me for this impeccable Sunshine Blogger Award. He blogs over at https://darellphilip.wordpress.com where he composes a whole lotta awesome poems and constructs intelligent write-ups.
Ay! Make sure you check his blog and subscribe to his amazing content.
Before I Get Seriously Underway, First The Rules…
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 people and ask them new 11 questions.
4. Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their posts.
5. List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award in your post.
1. What are you thankful for right now and why?
Honestly, it’s been about seven months since the first case of Covid-19 infection was reported in Lagos, Nigeria. And I’m really thankful that no one of my family, friends or loved ones is currently part of the statistics even if cases nationwide are well above the *43,000 mark.
2. Who inspires you?
Right now, inspiration for me comes in two ways. So, it’s either inspiration to work on my blog or just deal with my day-to-day activities.
For the former, blogs from other amazing bloggers, encouraging comments, better metrics, social media, my family and television shows inspire me to continuously punch the keys on here.
However, my day-to-day is greatly inspired by reading books, engaging in challenging discussions, watching YouTube and chatting with intellectuals.
3. Where is your favourite vacation spot?
Is it okay if I haven’t travelled there yet?
Well, my favourite vacation spot at the moment is Seychelles. It’s a country in East Africa and it is officially called the Republic of Seychelles.
4. When did you first realize your love for blogging?
I didn’t think I’d like blogging initially but one of my important friends convinced me to try it and I’ve been loving the blogosphere since I published my first ever blog post in 2018.
5. Why does Black Lives Matter?
Black lives matter for the same reason every other race on this God-given earth matters. I mean, we weren’t created to dominate other races and that was a mistake our forefathers made!
I believe we are on earth to and here’s the keyword, ‘coexist’ and not compete based on the colours of our skin.
Racism needs to end ASAP! I’m not comprehending the concept.
6. How many pets do you have?
Currently, I’ve got two pets, dogs actually but then, I have a somewhat funny story about the little one.
You see, we got this puppy of recent and he was very chill until he discovered a liking for solid food and became all-consuming! So this small dog legit finishes his food and attacks the adult dog’s food after. Chei.
I mean, he keeps feeding until his stomach resembles that of a pregnant goat and I frequently wonder if Roger (that’s his name) will become a burden when he’s older.
7. What new skills have you acquired during lockdown?
I would say I’ve learned to brush up on some little things I enjoyed doing like writing, reading and communicating. I got better at these during the initial Covid-19 lockdown.
For my writing, it used to feel like a chore but nowadays, I’ve gotten in the habit of writing a couple of paragraphs everyday.
I’m reading more books and how I draft and outline my emails has improved a whole lot.
I guess these count as skills?
8. Where does your inspiration to blog come from?
I think I’ve been able to answer this particular question.
9. Who is most important to you in your life right now and why?
No one above the other. My immediate family is most important to me right now. Yeah, my mom and sis because they’ve been there for me through the highs-and-lows.
10. Why should bloggers follow your blog?
Because I publish helpful and fun travel content weekly?
11. When will racism end?
Okay I’ve got to have the weirdest answer to this but here’s what I think…
Like I said, racism needs to end soon but then, rather than end all at once, we’re going to be witnessing a steady decline in the number of racist cases reported year-on-year.
And here’s the weird fact, racism will be awesomely low and very difficult when two or maybe, three generations die out.
Unlike previous generations, younger ones are becoming more empathetic to persons from other races because most of the time, they grow up together and just like me, can’t comprehend how racism quite operates.
And if that doesn’t work, it’ll be very ridiculous for the human race!
And The Nominees Are…
1. Ethan, Above Cognition.
2. Vanessa Hartley, PinkPeachhh.
3. Gottfried, Banter Republic.
4. Darell Philip, Darell Philip’s Blog.
5. Vincent Ehindero, Vincent Ehindero’s Blog.
6. ansh997x, Daily Passenger Travel Blog.
7. Shelly DS, Growing with Spawn.
8. Ria, Ria’s Haven.
9. ✨Introvert Next Door✨, Introvert Next Door.
10. Madison Woods, Wild Ozark.
11. Mw3ma, amshakinywa.
My Questions For You…
1. What does your name mean?
2. Describe your idea of a perfect day.
3. Favourite food? When did you last eat it?
4. If you could make an app, what would you make it for?
5. Can you spend an entire day without touching your phone?
6. What’s the first word you think of when you hear “SEO”?
7. A blogpost you wish was read by more people?
8. What are two things that happened this week that you’re grateful for?
9. Do you believe in reincarnation? Why?
10. What new things have you learnt about your friends, family or loved ones since the start of this pandemic?
11. Will we ever discover the cure for Covid-19?
I’ll Like To Give A Special Shoutout To…
Gottfried from Banter Republic! His blog has got all the bits of humor that’ll leave you rolling on the floor if you’re not so careful. Gottfried talks about religion, self care, society and more topics in perhaps the coolest of ways ever.
You should check out his post, Why You Shouldn’t Have Kids. You’ll testify! And like he says, it’s just banter.
I’m having fun receiving these award nominations and please keep em coming. LOL!
Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog today.
What was my most interesting answer? And this is new but, what kind of posts do you want to see from me? C’mon lemme know in the comments below.
Stay safe and it’s never bye, just see you next time.
Like this post? Be sure to Pin for later!